Friday, October 5, 2012

Pre-Weekend

Image via CMYBacon

If the above saying is true, then I usually do a pretty good job deciding how to allot my time. Today I wasted some time and cleaned though. I spent a lot of time today preparing for this weekend, so I decided the best word for today was pre-weekend. Or maybe preekend...




Anyway, I finally caught up on some cleaning around the house, because we have friends coming to stay with us this weekend. The house still isn't really all that clean, so no pictures of that. But, part of today's chores was bath day for the dogs, who look nice and squeaky clean, but a little mournful about having been in the bathtub:


For some reason I think they look even cuter without their collars on. I guess it's equivalent to a baby running around in a diaper, which most people seem to find downright adorable.


I also baked some chocolate chip cookies today, for the first time in at least five years. There are a couple reasons I avoid baking cookies. One, I have a huge weakness for them. I flat out devour any cookies that are around. Two, I'm not very good at baking. The best I can do is follow the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag.


Today I broke my no-baking-cookies rule for my dear sister, who is having a belated housewarming party with her fiance tomorrow. They moved into their new home back in June, so it's very belated. She asked me to bring a dessert... and like I said, chocolate chip cookies are about the extent of my baking skills. But these look pretty delicious, right? The several spoonfuls of cookie dough that I ate while baking tasted awesome, anyway.

Last but not least, there are a couple things to look forward to for next week! I'll finally be sharing another knitting pattern on my blog, this time for a basic winter hat:


On top of that, I'm hosting giveaways on a couple blogs next week, so I'll share that info on Monday!

Happy Friday!
-Megan



1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look great. I actually plan on baking some cookies too this weekend. I make some delicious chocolate chip but it's definitely back of the bag recipe. I've tried making other types of cookies but they always end in a fail.

    ReplyDelete