Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Recipes: Everything Pumpkin

Image via September Wren

Alright, so not really everything pumpkin. Just desserts. But let's face it, desserts are everything. And now that I've started to see pumpkin beer in the aisles of the grocery store (we all know this is the first true sign of fall) I have got pumpkin desserts on the brain...




Let me tell you, I am a sucker for pumpkin. I will buy pumpkin coffee. I'll consume pumpkin ice cream by the gallon. If there were a car shaped like a pumpkin, my only question to the salesman would be, "Where do I sign?"

So lately on Pinterest, pumpkin desserts have been catching my eye. Below are three that just look unbelievably tempting (follow the image links to the recipes):

Image via A Bitchin' Kitchen
First up are these pumpkin snickerdoodles. Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie: there's just something about that cinnamon sugar flavor. Add pumpkin and I just might encounter a full-blown addiction.


Image via Made in Mel's Kitchen
Next are these beautifully made pumpkin cake truffles. My sister-in-law has recently introduced me to the wonder that are cake pops... I can only imagine how good they are with pumpkin. Chances are, though, that my icing would not turn out so professional looking.


Image via My Baking Addiction

Last, but not least: pumpkin tiramisu. I know. I can't believe how good that looks either. Are you cleaning drool off your computer keyboard too? I don't have enough faith in my dessert making skills to attempt this one, but I'm already scheming about how to get my amateur-gourmet-chef of a sister (she's an accountant by day, kitchen artist by night) to make this for me.

So what do you think? Which of these recipes looks the most mouthwatering? Any you're dying to try?

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one. Pumpkin is by far one of the greatest short lived seasonal treats. So many amazing creations can be made from it. I love pinterest for recipes and last year found this amazing recipe for pumpkin cream cheese bread. I blogged about it with the recipe. It's so worth baking!

    http://www.lifelikehoney.ca/2011/08/pumpkin-cream-cheese-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teaka, that pumpkin cream cheese bread looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete